PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ryan air looking for pilots?
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2004, 14:49
Lil' Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
it can be used as a stepping stone in a person's carreer. You work your ass off for some time. It's ****ty, but after a while when they get their jet hours, it enhances their chances to get hired by a respectable airline.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem with this statement is that all the time an individual tries to employ this tactic they are dragging the 'respectable' airlines terms and conditions down as the 'respectable' airlines try to compete and win back market share, introducing new lower starting wages and closing pension schemes etc. Be careful that you don't end up moving into an airline that you 'perceived' to be better, but in reality only offers better industrial relations and not the same money! It's a downward spiral all the time the current practices go on, not just for Ryanair pilots, but for all pilots in the UK. That's why I support their bid to get recognition and to hopefully improve their lot.

Try thinking outside the box, you may be surprised at the reality. MOL just loves all those pilots who come for a few years and then leave..............

Pilot Pete, I said that I can understand why people go for Ryanair. I didn't say that it's the right thing to do. I was looking through the eyes of a wannebee. I can understand that if you're desperate, one takes a chance at Ryanair.

Ciao, Lil' P