PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost
Thread: Cost
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2004, 13:42
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, if I was starting again, I would look at each module seperately. I can tell you a school to do all of them (I work for one!) but you must visit a few, and a variety. Visit large schools and small, whole-course and single-module providers, UK and, if you can, abroad. They do have good things to offer, can be a good price for certain sections, just be wary, expecially of the IR, as the test must be in a JAA country. Certainly visit Bournemouth as we have a lot of organisations here, a veritable alphabet soup of BCFT, CTC, ETA, EPTA, GTS, STS, PAT, Solent all of whom can help you either with some modules or with the whole course. Maybe visit Bristol and Exeter as well (have you decided between full-time and distance learning groundschool yet?).

For cost:quality ratio I would keep to smaller organisations. They are not as widely known, so have to give something to get people through the doors. Don't assume price gives performance. Some hike their price due to demand just through being well-known. Take marketing peoples' speeches with a pinch of salt. Check on VAT and landing fees - are they included? Don't pay up-front.

Probably your best course is to the Flight Training Show next month, details, fromt he Flyer website:
Saturday November 6 2004
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, 0930-1700
Doors open 0930 to 1700
Hope to see you there - I'll be on the BCFT stand!