PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Australia Interviews - Anyone heard back yet?
Old 19th Oct 2004, 13:22
Butterfield8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once so Proud

Once ,I was so proud to work for Qantas.Crew to Pax ratio was great..you could actually stop and talk to people.P/C was something special.The aircraft were pristine,hardly ever broke down,hardly ever any delays.We actually had the resources to do a great job.The QANTAS name was established in the 60`s and 70`s and those who came after built on that solid foundation.
Oh what a mess we have now....Less crew,apalling product.breakdowns(international departures down to 82% ontime...Qantas figures in staff news),no innovation except the mantra of cost cutting.
Once as a new recruit you were valued....Now you are nothing more than fodder to be lied to and deceived.I know the world has changed(that`s progress)but we have here is a total lack of effective change management.Talk to your employees,be inclusive and you want need any strikebreakers.
The problem is Hassell,Grant and Dixon won`t be here in 3 years but most of the 35,000 staff will be.We will bear the brunt of the carnage that these intellectual bankrupts will leave behind.
The long suffering public get it in the neck again.I wonder if the triumvirate of managerial idiots has actually spoken to to the family in row 65 to see what they think?