PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dash 8 Q-300 For Air Nelson
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2004, 09:28
CT7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, that worked!!

Should Air Nelson get contract pilots for training their training staff? I don't think there would be too many that would jump up and stamp their foot, As no jobs would be comprimised.

Is it a good idea; yes, I think it has merits. I've done just that in the past.

Do I think they should get permanent jobs over the current staff. No.

Some of you may think that seniority is an out moded way of promotion. Tough, it doesn't affect you.
It was hotly fought for by the staff there. And when it came, it was the first time that the staff could actually plan their life and have a life without bending over for an ungrateful boss at any and every opportunity.
People still have to perform to the required standards for promotion and commands are not given out "Willy-Nilly"

Will they source help for various elements of the introduction? Of course they will. And currently are.

767pilot: Jobs at hospitals are advertised, as such outside applicants are then called for.

I too have been F/O on a jet with more time on type and more Command time than the Capt (who had been in the company 13 odd yrs and it was their first Cmd). But all credit to that person, they sought assistance when required. Plus the training they got was pretty comprehensive.

Let Air Nelson get on with the job. They do a good job as it is and they have plenty of resources to call on if required. And I'm sure they will.

Just don't expect to waltz into a perm. Command.
I don't know if I should laugh or cry......... translated......
Just don't expect to get a permanent job.

Pharknose It will be equipped with the UNS-1E Super FMS.

Last edited by CT7; 21st Oct 2004 at 02:44.