PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL rejects Belgian demand for less noisy planes (Merged)
Old 19th Oct 2004, 08:07
Flip Flop Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tgdxb

Let me see if I get this right: You're backing down from your claims that 20 is dangerous for take-offs. You'd still rather 25R is used, as that will disturb someone else than you. You'd like DHL to go away, and BRU to be closed, unless someone gives you a job that is. You claim that BRU airport and DHL has never done anything for you, in the process neglecting the billions of Euro's DHL has pumped into the Belgian economy over the years. You couldn't give a toss if several thousand of your country men lost their jobs, 'cause they speak a different language. You claim that the MD-11 is overtly noisy, but how you reached that conclusion is not clear. Pray tell, do you run out of your house in the middle of the night, and can you honestly tell me that you can spot the darkened out aeroplane going overhead as a MD-11 vs anything else? Me thinks you're being spoon fed a hatred towards the MD by ignorant politicians, and that's what got you on your soapbox.

Honestly, you are the living proof that Belgium is not a real country but rather a political decision, and a bad one at that. Noone seems interested in the common good, only what will benefit them personally. For this reason, I suppose, the place is infested with enough publicly elected officials to populate several regular democracies, that that's without counting the EU-crats. And each and every politician are seeking their own, locally driven, agenda to the general detriment of the country as such. So presently we've got the Federal government battling it out with the Flemmish and Wallon ditto, and with the local Brussels government thrown in for good measure, who's got some sort of veto right y the way, over the future of several thousand jobs in a "country" where unemployment is already a problem. The Flemmish seems to be non-plussed about DHL and the Brussels government want them out. The Wallon's would like them to stay, but only if they move to their part of the "country". The Federal government is caught somewhere in between all this, flapping in the political breeze. The unions, in the best of Belgian tradition, is talking strikes. True Belgian logic; your employeer is being forced to think about moving abroad because political infighting puts their future in jeopardy, so in response let's tell our employeer we really understand them - by going on strike! It's a mess. And if DHL leaves, hundreds of other jobs in the airport is also in jeopardy as DHL is also the largest cargo costumer here. But all that's irrelevant to you, 'cause you do not personally benefit from any of it, so screw the Flemmish.

Frankly, you don't deserve DHL to be resident here.

PS
I've been living for around 3 years in Zaventem and sleep splendidly at night - and always with an open window. Aircraft don't make noise - it's the sound of freedom.