PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost
Thread: Cost
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2004, 02:31
0-8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Iceman,

£32,625 is a fair enough figure, in theory. But I'd be very pleasantly surprised if you could find anyone who has completed a frzn ATPL recently and has paid that little. There are many costs that just keep adding up.

For example if we take the £32,625 and add:

A class one medical: £422*

Another 30 hours of solo time. [You need 100 hours P1 not total time to start the CPL course]. At £70 p/hr: £2100

Say you don't live near your chosen FTO, add the price of accommodation. Lets say £100 per week over the 12 weeks for your CPL/IR: £1200

Then there are things like, transport, food at the airfield, landing/approach fees, license issue fees, etc, etc. They will really add up over the course of a year.

And all this assumes that you do everything in minimum time, with minimum delays due to weather etc. Say you need just 3 extra hours on your 50 hour IR course? That'll probably be an extra £1000, just like that.

I'm not knocking your figures, I'm just trying to point out that the average wannabe will probably end up paying a lot more than they might have first anticipated!

----

*Well that's what it cost me when I booked it a few weeks ago, but it now seems be cheaper?