PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL rejects Belgian demand for less noisy planes (Merged)
Old 18th Oct 2004, 14:22
red_on_yello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tgdxb,

you made it very clear by your comments that you are
one of the French speaking persons who don't give a d*mn about the 3000+ Flemish jobs at stake.
I hope you never get your job robbed by an intolerant person !!

I have lived close to the Airport (5km and under 25r take-off path) for 28 years, never woke up once !!!
I now live close to a railroad, where i couldn't sleep the first 3 weeks, then got used to it ....and sleep like a baby now

Do you think I should have started a protest ???
Or stood on the tracks when the freight trains pass at night ???

People want everything: a villa, two cars, two kids and - of course - two jobs to pay for all of this !
This means their stressed out of their mind with loans, work, traffic jams, getting kids to school...that's the reason why people are irritated and why they lay awake worried at night .
Some of them like to blame the night flights for their problem

But people like you complain about everything:

Airplanes, motorways, trains, bars, ambulances, other people
sitting in their garden talking on a summer night....
Just buy any Belgian newspaper and you'll find examples of the above ..daily !!

There are still places in Belgium where it's green and there's no noise, BUT it takes you 2 hours to get to work or 1 hour to get to the nearest shop......YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ALL MATE !!!

PEOPLE SHOULD BECOME LESS INTOLERANT,
THEN WE CAN ALL KEEP OUR JOBS AND LIVE IN PEACE :-)

'- I do not think we need DHL at Brussels airport'
Did you know that 50% of the cargo revenue and 50%
of BIAC's profit is generated by DHL, so DHL is actually
-indirectly - paying for the brand new A-pier that was built.
DHL has been paying high landing taxes on nightflts,
money that was supposed to go to a isolation fund....
what the f*ck happened with those millions ????????

BRU DOES NEED DHL, or do you think small companies like SNBrussels and Virgin our going to save the airport ???

If people like you get their way, you should also be able to live with the fact that you'll have to catch a train or drive up to CGN, AMS or CDG to get on a aircraft, cause BRU airport doesn't stand a chance to survive the competion with these airports, NOT without a major cargo operator paying half the airport's operation

'- I have been living here for 18 years and I have not been suffering from DHL's night flights before. So something must have changed.'

Yes, they have been spread around by polliticians who know nottting about aviation !! They don't take in account winds, destination....just a mathematical spreading

This hasen't solved anything, things only got worse,
we used to have 200 people in one place complaining,
NOW we have 10 people each complaining in 20 places :-)