PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2004, 22:19
str

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't going to post here again but I can't sit back and watch hard working individuals being attacked:

Tightslot - How come you didn't ban west coast girl? She has personally named and attacked Steven Reid (FAAA rep). L2P who is obviouslly rightfully very emotional about this subject, is the only person balancing out this thread.

west coast girl - you attack Steven Reid (FAAA) for having a go at a PER based flight attendant. I cannot believe Steven would be disrespectful or rude to anyone. Has anyone actually called him to check out the story? The PER base is so small rumours spread like wildfire. YOU need to check whether this is true or not.

PER based crew continually bleat about the poor flying etc. out of the base. Well do something about it, the FAAA can't do anything unless crew unite and start asking question, complaining, making suggestions. This is were SYD crew are different to PER, they won't lay down and be walked all over by managers.

PER has a FAAA rep called Grant Ormarod (sorry if I've spelt is name incorrectly) lovely person and very eager to get better flying/conditions for PER crew. Speak to him, get your collegues to speak to him, make some noise and that dreadful woman who runs the base there will have to listen.

Lets just get back to basics and think what happening here:

1-QF are making massive amounts of money. This is due to hard work from crew, engineers, ground staff etc. who have all pulled together over the past 3 years and worked harder than ever before.

2-We accepted wage freezes company wide.

3-We accepted reduction in crew onboard.

This was done to ensure the future of the company, no one at QF wants another Ansett.

In return the company have given us:

1-A mediocre product which is embarassing to hand out.

2-Courses on how to communicate better with customers. READ : How to say sorry in 15 languages

3-Transfering of 330 flying to short haul crew. west coast girl
Mark Hassell only gave you 330 flying back to keep PER base happy over the stike period. If he was serious about this he would ensure it was written into the new EBA.

4-Transferring of up to 25% of crew (1250'ish) jobs to London.

5-Continous lies and propaganda from managers on a bonus based salary system.

6-Managers have requested a SIXTY SIX PERCENT pay rise.

I think any reasonable person who works for Qantas would be very annoyed about the treatment from management.

Management seems to have forgotten that we are an airline. Transporting people is our job, not sucking up to shareholders in order to get a few more $$$ in bonuses.