PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No food for QR pilots
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2004, 09:08
albatross2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is all this talk of interference, in trivial normal everyday routines on any flight deck in any airline such as having meals on ground etc, by no less than the CEO, really true in the case of Qatar Airways?

From the QR threads that I have read so far, it appears that QR CEO has nothing else better to do than engage/involve himself in petty things that are much below any CEO's status to interfere in eg. stewardess's grooming, cockpit crew meals. What's mind boggling is, does he actually do all that or is it an attempt to malign him? Why? Doesn't the company have managers and chief pilots to take care of implementing company policies?

The episodes being narrated here on pprune of sackings at whims etc seem a little far fetched. Surely there must have been strong reasons for awarding the maximum punishment of termination.

It will be appreciated if a balanced view of life as a QR employee vis a vis the alleged dreaded management style is presented by someone who is unbiased, for the benefit of the community, to fairly assess QR working environment.

I don't know but to me all the talk of QR CEO's antics and tantrums seems a stretch, afterall he is running a successful airline that is doing well, and employees being the ones who deliver the goods would not be proving productive for the company and achieving results if such was the state of their morale....as has been time and again written here.

If the situation at QR is as has been told here in various threads on pprune then why don't the SLAVES revolt? Enmasse resignations? Despite the alleged whimsical management style at QR the employees continue to endure it. Why?

There is more to it than meets the eye.