PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TSA Training Rule
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2004, 17:36
skydriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now for anyone just looking to rent or get a BFR, there is no charge from the TSA and all they will have to do is fill in their info in the website linked above before coming to the U.S. This should not take more than a few minutes on a computer.
Richard,

Does this mean that if Im over in the US on business and I get a few free days or a weekend off, that I will no longer be able to just pitch up at a flying school and get a check out to rent an aeroplane because I have not done anything with the FAA/TSA prior to coming to the US? I ask, because in my line of work I visit the US on business, but never know if I will have any time to myself until I get the time off....if you know what I mean!!

OK, so entering the US is more hassle now, but I still like it over your way, and like to fly when I can, as my experiences have been good so far, and everyone friendly and helpfull even when just pitching up out of the blue. I hope this is still possible if you have a FAA licence on the back of a JAA-PPL.

......Though the last time I was in Houston and arranged to fly (actually a few days in advance this time), GWB decided to fly in and everyone was grounded, no notice at all...... ....but thats a whole different topic!!

Regards, SD..

PS.. thanks for taking the time to write about this on here, Im sure I am not the only one to appreciate it.