PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No food for QR pilots
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2004, 06:30
Qatari515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know if the guy is fired or not.

The cabin crew did receive a memo from AAB himself ( he obviously has nothing better to do) that on ground, flight deck crew should only be given a bottle of water and a cup.

No food, no hot drinks!

In case of delay, he leaves it to the CS/CSD common sense to do what he/she wants. Yeah right, as if any of them will dare to go against this note.

Further: no dates, nu nuts, no orange juice and no pax meals( even what is leftover) should be given to the flight deck.

Because flight deck can not be served untill pax service is finished a lot of us dont eat at all anymore on board since most of the flights are just too short!

Real life situation: cabin crew stuffing themselves with all the goodies on board, engineers-ground crew and cleaning drinking all the fresh orange juice upon arrival of the aircraft..
Pilots: left with a lousy crew meal and a bottle of water if time permits!
Only on LH flights we eat normally!

Flight deck crew where not issued this note so as far as I am concerned, on my next 12H duty with 2X 3hrs on the ground double dubai sector I will go to Mcdonalds, buy a take away bag and eat that in my cockpit! No notes forbids me to eat on ground, I just cannot be served!!!!!

QR is probably the only airline in the world where pilots are forced to eat when performing their duties in the air!!!!