PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff Wales Flying Club (CWFC) Bankrupt
Old 12th Oct 2004, 17:58
The Flying Lip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cwfc_instructor

I really hope you can substantiate what you posted. If true, the Committee of the club may be deemed to have committed an offence - it is NOT for them to decide what happens to the assets of a defunct club, but is instead a role for either the administrators, the receivers or the membership.

Checking the CAA website, for instance, the aircraft in question, G-BTAS, was transferred to a new owner on 23/9/2004 - just a little over a week before the club's doors closed. The new owner is/was not a committee member, but his business partner is/was.

The gentlemen in question were by no means the only people owed money. What about all the others? Under law, I don't believe they are a special case.

I would advise you to make sure that you can prove your allegation - or withdraw your post. You don't have to post your proof - but I would advise, as has happened with the Ormond Beach Aviation thread, where Danny has asked to get names and addresses of those who post, that you drop a line to [email protected]!

TFL

Last edited by The Flying Lip; 12th Oct 2004 at 19:56.