PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for any PVR gurus out there...
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2004, 16:45
ChristopherRobin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it would seem, "chum".

The RAF Intranet Q&A section on the ARR certainly suggests so - something I have only just found out since I made my last post.

It does seem strange that they can pro-rata the money when they give it to you, eg if you only have 3 years to IPP they only pay you a fraction of the FRI, yet if you take the money at 5 years and then leave at 3 to go, they want the whole lot back.

I'm no expert on employment law, but I understand that the basis of any employment contract normally is that it is fair; in theory if one served until 1 day before the IPP and resigned then, incurring full repayment of the FRI, one would have to refund the service the full FRI.

Admittedly no one would be that stupid, but it does, I think demonstrate the fairness or otherwise of that employment contract. I'm not complaining, having signed up to many worse things than this in the military, but it does illustrate what could possibly be an interesting point.

I wonder has anyone punched out of the FRI yet to test the system?

And Trumpet Trousers, that may be the DEAL, and I may need to towel behind my ears, but I expect that you would have been the sort of person to say the same to women who got pregnant and then complained when they got kicked out.

...look what happened there, "chum".