PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Australia Interviews - Anyone heard back yet?
Old 12th Oct 2004, 06:12
heybabohah1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recruitment

For a company that prides itself on delivering quality customer service and seeks applicants who will deliver this in the highest standard - im sorry, they are losing a lot of customers.

I too, like many other excited and enthusiastic future flyers gave up a day off work, paid for a responsible service of alcohol and a first aid course, renewed my passport (paid priority to get it in time) all to attend an assessment centre in the hope of progressing to the next stage.

And yes, I knew it was contract, and yes I knew it was for strikebreakers - all did not worry me - what does really being to peeve you off - is the waiting, the 50 000 versions you get and the lack of consistency. Ok - so you want extra staff over chrissy and possible strikebreakers - say that, be up front and have the decency to treat people with some sort of respect. I too, come from a HR and recruitment background, and go help me if i ever treated people like we have been treated. No offence to any of those of you that get through - but i am sorry to say - Qantas wont necessary receive the best flight attendants in this process - only those that are in the right position at the right time to fulfil their dream... It will all about timing.

Having been associated with aviation and the qantas network for sometime and having several current flying friends I am aware of many of the ongoings.. And not all flash.. I will be happy to sit back and see it all out, however have recently been offered another job in a diff industry and am very close to withdrawing my app.. No loss maybe as many to take my position willing - but then again, i wont be surprised if the numbers are not all as it seems.

Qantas would do well to remember that we are not only aspiring flight attendents, we are also your customers.. And what happens when you receive poor customer service - YOU dont return!!