PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virginblue recruitment
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2004, 03:50
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Iakklat you are a fool. EK pay those extras because they must to get people to live in the sandpit. It's an expatriot package that recognises the high cost of living in the UAE.

Not all pilots at EK got three months btw...some got just a few weeks after well in excess of 1 years service....bit like Vbs 'retention bonus' or wtf it's called these days.

About the only difference between VB, J* and QF dom payscales is where overtime kicks in...55 hrs for heros as opposed to 85 odd for the rest. The 55 hr level for heros was put there to induce people to turn their backs on mates.

While you and the likes of Gnadenburg squeel like spoilt children about things which are none of your business (other peoples pay and conditions) good things are happening to those with the gumption to get off their ar$es and improve themselves....like investing in their own careers to their advantage...like it or not being type rated to gain INITIAL employment with many companies has become a world wide trend....I don't like it anymore than you but that's life. Last year I had to get a 767 type rating to get a job I wanted...it was the first multi type rating I've ever paid for out of 12 odd that includes 4 other jets and 4 turboprops...so no I don't consider myself as unemployable trash that had to buy myself a job.

Now the J* and mainline guys are speaking with a united voice (mostly) and word is that will extend to Sunnies and Eastern at some point....all this happening with the agreement of management...sound to you like management want another 89 style fight that nobody wins?