PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2004, 00:19
hugh grant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you see, this is what interests me about the London Base offer.
EVERY single long haul crew member I have spoken to has "done the numbers" to see if its right for them
obviously lots of late night discussions with partners as to "do you want to move to london? can we afford it? what is the salary if you take the upgrade?"

L2P states, "The last time I looked, a bedsit in that part of the world was going to set you back 350 GBP a week"

with this sought of research, it is obvious
-LRP WAS / IS CONSIDERING -GOING TO LONDON!

to realise that London is not right for you is fair enough, but to then jump up & down and scream about job security and conditions is very hypocritical.

if any one of the FAAA members who are now vehemently opposed to the LHR base going ahead -and yet when it was announced , quickly did the sums, crunched the numbers as to what it would cost to rent in LHR ,what the GBP salary converted to in Aust dollars, what the schools were like - if they contemplated the offer, even for a moment, and now they are yelling "Worker Solidarity", well, they should have a real good look at their principles and again look up the dictionary meaning of the word 'hypocrite".

L2P, good luck in London! see you there!