PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2004, 09:57
galley_gossiper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hugh grant

I wouldnt worry about the FAAA making those that go to Lhr pariahs.I dare say when those who go to Lhr get back, the FAAA will have a very different leadership and direction.I think that if the proposed strike goes ahead,the next crew who are voted into the FAAA will be focussing more on damage control than worrying about who is coming back from Lhr. I stick by my opinion, if we go the hard 'strike' line,we will lose all of our flying bar the 747 which doesnt leave much flying for longhaul.We need to be securing the double-decker airbus for us,and securing the A330 international for us, not striking over a base in Lhr. It seems (by the memos from Ms Grant) the company is willing to offer those things,but the current FAAA execs have walked out.
Oh and L2P, no me and pucci dreaming arent the same person as you seem to have suggested, I have no personal issue with the current FAAA leaders, just the direction they are going in. If you read back on both our posts you will see a very different approach.

And good luck Q--tee, have fun there. I think if the opportunity suits you then it will be a great expereince! I am beginning to wish i could go