PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unrecognisable RAF
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2004, 17:15
Skeleton

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
I left the RAF after 26 years last year and its the best move I ever made. I loved my time in the forces and miss it like crazy but life goes on.

Easy to say "It was not the Air Force I joined" but in my case it was most certainly true.

Forget to many dets, forget manpower stretch, forget red tape.

Easy to say I miss the people but thats also true.

What made me leave??.

The Leaders of today.

At least the Scottish Gp Capt from a northern Q base could make a decision in years gone by. (He even gave me a lift to the runway caravan one day - Didnt have the heart to tell him I was calling "Sappho" not S*****!!)

The majority I dealt with in the last few years were more interested in protecting there own interests than those of the men they were supposed to lead, and one in particular made it quite clear on a excersise he would sacrifice the enlisted s*** rather than save them.

More worryingly his right hand men, although prepared to admit in private it was the wrong decision, were not prepared to question let alone challenge him, and I truely believe if the exercise had been for real they would have taken the same course of action. Weak kneed and cowardly to say the least.