PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2004, 13:49
q--tee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all !

Havent been on here for a while! Glad to see the union movement still is harping on .... it would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything!

An update for those who are actually interested in the London base ( and not mere "Lets strike, Lets strike, Lets strike" sentiments).

This old gal is still going, have put my name down for the first wave. QF are moving current crew over in different waves, first wave in Feb 2005 - they will take over all the LHR-BKK flights, second wave in March will take over some of the LHR-SIN, third wave in April will take the remainder of the LHR-SIN flights, final wave in may will commence the new LHR-HKG sectors.

About 230 current crew have put in expression of interests, they are going start advertising in the UK in the next few weeks. All applicants will have to have unrestriceted access to all QF ports, and have the right to live and work in the UK. I have heard the first training schools will be in Jan, continuing through to May .....this is all hand-me-down info from others going, so it may not be precise !!

I still cant wait to go! Have even got lodgings lined up ( kensington no less, how posh!!!! ) there are a lot of really nice crew heading over there, so it will be a great base to work in. They are currently completing the interviews for those wishing to become CSS's and CSM's.

L2P, enjoy your strike. I still am of the opinion that the FAAA wont get an awful lot of support over the xmas period -- but hey I have been proven wrong before. Either way, I still wont be striking regardless.