PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 15 years on, have we had some interesting jobs or what????
Old 8th Oct 2004, 23:51
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Interesting jobs? You betcha!

Interesting places? I got to travel the WORLD, many times over, with food and accommodation paid....places that I could never have afforded (the time, nor the $$'s) to have visited, places I hadn't considered before, and places that I NEVER intended going to, but went anyway.
Europe, the Greek Islands, the Taj Mahal, on safari in Kruger National Park, ski-ing at Whistler, surfing in Hawaii, halibut in H Street, Anchorage (followed by a few more cold ones at a pole dancing pub), Universal Studios in L.A., scuba diving in the Maldives and Mauritius....and loads more.
And that was only the first 6 years, based in Singapore.

The next 12 months was a basing in Manila, followed by a few years living in Kuala Lumpur - with the occasional temporary basing in Phnom Penh, and the last 5+ years living in Japan.

Yes, there are the very few "non-cream" around, but they were ALWAYS in the minority anyway, and so remain insignificant.
However, like an oil slick, it only takes a small amount to spoil the existing status quo for everyone else - hence the need to "contain" them.
And they ARE being "contained"