PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trouble Brewing at CitiExpress
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2004, 18:59
PoodleVelour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said!

Points to ponder:

1. This is a thread about the mistreatment of a well liked and respected female Captain who as has been said, did no more than exercise her legal right NOT to exercise discretion.

2. Part of the problem leading (possibly) to arguments about this use of discretion as an industrial tool is the BA mainliners. Not as human beings, but as overpaid (in CX terms), insensitive and arrogant individuals. Hypocrisy, in stating what would be allowed in mainline but not in CX and vice versa is key to this whole question.

3. The real bit that sticks in my throat, and is often overlooked is the deliberate short sightedness and frank untruths of mainline. To say BACX brought nothing to the table or Company when compared to CityFlyer is specious and incorrect. (Quite apart from theoretically confirming the BA Board as a shower of incompetents were that indeed the case).
CityFlyer were bought mainly to prevent the Wooly Pully from buying them, and secondly because their efficient management (like BACX's) had demonstrated a most un - BA like ability to make a profit in the regions. (How many of the CityFlyer routes are still operated now, and how many profitably?????)
Be that as it may, BACX brough FAR FAR more to the table, like just over ONE THOUSAND HEATHROW SLOTS - as well as those a/c and then profitable routes and aircraft. Yep, count em, three prime time LHR slots every day of the year.
Every year.

For ever!!!!!

Not that we were allowed to keep them for long - I wonder what jumbo wonder jet currently uses them now? This, boys and girls, ladies, gentlement and BA pilots is called ASSET STRIPPING! Just like what you did to DAN AIR.
If any of you platinum wonders think we brought nothing to the table, then think again. Yes we may have been royally shafted, spoken to and treated like children by management and with disdain by you spoilt pack of pseuds, but remember the words of the man -
.... the loser now may be later to win ...... for the times, they are a changin'....... and they certainly are. By dumping on us, you bring your own end that much closer. However, in the words of another immortal, please call a spade a spade, and asset stripping asset stripping, or more appropriately
" Don't p##s down my back and tell me it's raining!!!!!"

BA