PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2004, 03:31
pucci dreaming

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly I am not privy to any negotiation info - I am only reading the emails I am receiving from the FAAA along with the letters LG keeps posting on the CC website.
My opinion on why I don't believe the FAAA is negotiating well is as follows-
- 4-5 months ago QF Management proposed a London base without prior negotiation with the FAAA.
- The FAAA responded by proposing strike action in December and taking on a widespread media campaign promoting this fact.
- The FAAA and QF have had closed door meetings endeavouring to sort this situation out along with the new EBA 7
- At the current point we now have:
1. apparantly 170? fully trained non unionised strike breakers
2. ground staff training as F/a's
3. approximately 200? non-unionised UK nationals currently being recruited
4. approximately 200 soon to be non-unionised Aus LH & SH cc who are heading off to London
5. A loss of LH flying routes which are going to SH
6. If rumours on this site are correct then an obvious union division between long and short haul, along with strong divisions between various bases - In short a lack of unity

I am sorry but I do not see the above situation as a successful outcome of the FAAA negotiations. We are in a worse position with less cards to play. Maybe if the FAAA had tried to get better conditions and wages for the London base and 480 Australians had taken the base then maybe we wouldn't be sitting here now discussing all this.