PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heart Murmurs
Thread: Heart Murmurs
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2004, 19:14
likair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heart Murmer

Hello ppl,

A few days ago I went to do my last medical test for my 2nd Class Med. Cert. It was very dreadful before entering every particular test, especially the eyesight. But it was all ok except for the ECG. The one that expected to lack performance went quite good (eysight) and the one which i really took forgranted was the one which worried me most!! That's life

After the doctor attached me the patches and saw the graphical results from the machine I saw his strange expression on his face. My heart really made a tick!!

He told me that he's going to check further with a stethoscope. After changing varies positions on my chest with his diaphram he told me you have a heart murmer My heart was also slightly enlarged. I was told that I would have to have an echocardiogram. I am slightly worried that my pilot ambitions are out of the window, so booked the echo for the next 2 weeks.

P.S. The graph showed a steep "hill" which normally at my age (21) must be quite small. This showed that probably I have a heart murmer.

Do I have to worry a lot about it? Is it normal? Can this limit me to gain Class 2 or further on the Class 1 Medical Cert.
Any comments?
Preoccupied

L|kA|r