PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you still enjoying it?!!!
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2004, 16:59
Xelcia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All,

I've just been reading through this entire thread to see what oppinions are being outed about the pro's and con's about this proffesion.

I myself am still a long way away from flying, I have just started groundschool as a matter of fact. But even so, I am looking forward to this proffesion.

It seems to me that there are obviouls disadvantages that come with is, there are the irregular hours, airlines these days are more than ever out for optimum efficiency which usually doesn't involve a caring human factor, usually the opposite. I can believe that this job has a strain on the personal life, especially in family context. I myself am not married yet, neither have proposed, but I do seek a future with a good job/relation balance and this is hard to find in this line of proffesion.

But what about the advantages? The flying, vibrations that go throught the aircraft when take off power is selected? The magnificent views on the horizon, the challenge of getting it right? To me everything might seem more idealized than reality really is. And obvioulsy here in groundschool the only stories told are the ones which encourage study, the bad ones are but a whisper.

But is this job really that bad? When I start I don't know any better, that is my reference point, I think I will love it and then as the years go by, like so often is said, my early days become the good old days, maybe not.

The point I'm trying to make is that everything does change and nothing is the same to me as to the next person, so to say is flying still worth it or no, would in itself I think be an injustice because what evry individual has his/her own reference, his own ambitions and I guess only those make it a enjoyable or dissatisfying job.

If any of you think I have no idea what I am talking about or might want to considder some points please feel free, I'm about to start this carreer and set a certain course in my life, the more perspective and points of information, the better the estimation.

Greets, Xelcia