PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CSD's salary revealed in Daily telegraph
Old 7th Oct 2004, 13:42
HOVIS

Received 88 Likes on 22 Posts
Eddy
Hard times that, if I may be so bold as to say, I feel a very small minority of the ground crew brought on themselves.
Not quite the truth there sunshine...

The hard times were brought on by 3 aircraft having to be made u/s when the CAA refused to let them fly! Blame EWS for that.(Also the standby aircraft got driven into the hangar docking and badly damaged, but that's another story)
The result was 1000 pax dumped in the terminals and very little the ground staff could do about it. The knock-on effect was horrendous and we all read about it in the press.

To be fair to the ground staff at LHR, they deserve a thankyou.

Where it all falls down is that everyone in the airline got the hotline tickets no matter where they worked. MAN,GLA etc.

Except the engineers of course, as usual they got *uck all!

But there again the engineering director stood up and said "blame me" so that seems fair doesn't it?

Back to the thread.

I can't blame a CSD for getting a big wedge every month, I would be doing the same if I got half a chance.

However, I can blame BA for letting the unskilled staff get massive incremental pay rises over the years and ensuring that they lost the skilled staff to better paying airlines.