PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2004, 09:25
emu enema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you for that info on mr playford I've never taken much notice of short haul personalities up till now.
actually I've just jetted in from MEL where I had lunch with a few of the longhaul based girls. they are not happy campers either. one branch member told me that mijatov, smedley and reed want to close down the mel and perth union branches and centralise all power in sydney. I suppose that's one way of removing dissent amongst the members. apparently mijatov, smedley and reed blame the perth base branch for getting the last EBA 6 across the line. with a vote of 53% to 47% it would indicate a fairly divided group of people. perth is seen to be aligned with the old warner broome and bremm faction and the syd based union members loathe them because they feel they are least likely to strike. I used to love johanna's pithy little 'yours in solidarity' slogans but it appears that the bases are causing divisions. each base seems to have its own problems and issues that are unique to it . the girls in mel were not overly concerned that syd based crew could no longer attend wimbledon or shop at marks & spencers or harrods. the new jurraisic park base in brisbane will not be that fussed on not going to london as long as they keep their beloved narita patterns. probably no bases should ever have been launched , but they are there each with there own individual problems requiring complex , specific answers. I'm afraid 'strike, strike, strike!' just won't cut it darlings

WARNING DON'T FORNICATE WITH THE FAUNA -RATHER
EMPTY THE EMU!