PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CSD's salary revealed in Daily telegraph
Old 6th Oct 2004, 12:30
WeLieInTheShadows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well you'll all be pleased to know that the CSD grade will no longer exist at LGW. By 2006 BA LGW will be a mid fleet as far a CC are concerned on the EF LGW contract - already on hourly rate. There will be no more CSD grade and flights will be taken our by the most senior of the two Pursers that will be on board on the day.

I hope that makes a lot of you happy.

It does seem a lot of sour grapes are being aired on here, I'm sure if I was a pilot that was getting paid less than if I'd joined BA and become a CSD who is now getting more than I am I would be pissed off to some degree as well Het...I might even wish I'd applied to be CC myself instead of becoming a pilot. However hind sight is a wonderful thing and I can assure you that BA post JAN 97 (cabin crew stike) contracts are far less lucrative for us.

If you as a person joined a company to do a job that you love and found that you were getting paid a awesome wage... and eventually if they stayed long term...got paid even more!...wouldn't you stay?

If I remember rightly some pilots who trained on the cadetship before the gulf war errupted were redirected and trained as CC until there was a requirement for more pilots. Also if I remeber rightly a small number of these people decided not resume their careers as pilots and carry on as CC.

You can't blame anyone for getting paid what their contract says they should get paid when they signed it. It's not their fault, and there is no way that the company can ask them to get paid less (in their basic anyway). So don't begrudge these long serving people what they have now just because they stayed the course or saw a great oppotunity. Move on... and get off the cross!!! We need the wood!!!

If any pilot or civvy really thinks that post Jan 97 BA CC get paid too much then they are more than welcome to give up their career and come join our ranks.

Basic is £9200 plus allowances and benefits and I look forward to training you.