PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CSD's salary revealed in Daily telegraph
Old 6th Oct 2004, 10:58
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AndyPandy : Ever the voice of reason and maturity!!

Thanks for the input, AP. Have you ever worked one of these flights? If you're cabin crew with the company, I can't imagine you ever complaining about getting £XXX for flying to these destinations. If you're not crew with BA, I wouldn't imagine that you've operated on any of these routes (Seattle/Denver/Tampa to London) as we're the only carrier to do it.

The crew (on the SEA and DEN) have to endure long flights with only about 20 hours downroute (a few hours of which is spent getting to and from the airports) and major time changes. They deserve a little extra for it.

It would be nice if you would divulge what YOU do for a living. Are you cabin crew? Flight crew? Cabin crew with another carrier? A wannabee who has been rejected by British Airways in the past and is therefore bitter about what we earn?

If you don't work for the company, it shouldn't be a concern to you how much money the crew with BA take home at the end of the month.

There are lots of posts above saying that we're overpaid but just think; the crew who carried out a full-scale evacuation in Houston a month or so back earned their money ten-times-over. Ain't anybody who can deny that. We're not overpaid, we're just fairly well paid. Go to any of the people who were on that Houston flight and tell them that they are overpaid and I guarantee you, you'll gat a slap across the chops and a kick in the goolies as a thank-you.