PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CSD's salary revealed in Daily telegraph
Old 6th Oct 2004, 08:21
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BANG OR WEST said :
How can you justify "Destination Payments" for such undesireable parts of the world like the hellholes (not) of Seattle, Miami and the countless other places where the Cabin Crew get a ridiculous extra payment for, er, doing their job.
I think you'll find that the Destination Payments aren't paid to people because they are working to undesireable places, but because they are working on particularly difficult flights.

All of the "Two Class" routes at Gatwick get the Destination Payment because you're dealing with twice as many passengers as normal (that's Orlando - a fab place, Tampa - a fab place and Kingston - a fab place).

Over at Heathrow, the payments are awarded to things like Denver and Seattle because the flight times are long, the time changes are significant and the stop is only for one night where crew operating to LAX and SFO get two nights (I believe).

It's not about the place we're flying to, it's about the flight itself. A misleading name, perhaps, but still something the crew deserve.

ALSO, I'm going to make the assumption that you're ground crew here because of your knowledge of our payment structure and the fact that you're soooo anti-destination payment (as ground crew famously are); why do you get a free pair of Hotline tickets for "just doing your job"???? You are employed to deal with the good times and the bad and the company shouldn't have to throw a couple of free tickets at you to ensure your continued loyalty.