PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CSD's salary revealed in Daily telegraph
Old 5th Oct 2004, 18:42
WeLieInTheShadows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OzzieO......I don't think you can follow your post.....unfortunately dicksynormous has and in the process made himself out to be the idiot he really is.

Both me and my girlfriend are CC for BA and have just read your post. I have to say our heart has gone out to you and the fact that you still get on an aircraft shows your strength of character after such an event.

It is however something that we as CC are trained to deal with and our primary reason that we are on the aircraft at all is to save pax should an emergency situation arise, not to look good in a uniform or to serve tea or coffee etc etc etc as so many on here think that is what we do.

I'm sure Easy or Ryan would do away with CC all together if they could to cut costs but we are there for a reason, for those few terrible terrifying times when things do go wrong. When the pilots are doing their thing...we are doing ours...and I'm not talking about walking through the cabin with the shopping the world trolley!!!

In an emergency situation it has been proved that survival of pax depends largely on the effectiveness of the CC (and of course the pilots doing their jobs) to perform their tasks and duties and to calm pax and ensure all that can be done is done, before and after an incident.

This will happen only if the PSR or CSD is calm, stays in control and ensures we as crew remain calm and in control and remember and carry out our drills.

God forbid anything like the events OzzieO describes ever happens to me or mine and every flight goes by the numbers and everyone gets their tea and coffee and leaves the aircraft safe and sound.

But in the few incidences when I or my gf have had to deal with medical events or SEP situations, the pax have been more than grateful for our presence and professionalism and have realised there are times when we more than earn our wages.

Finally...once again...OzzieO. You are a true hero to have done what you did...made it through...and then got back on an aircraft. I think you have silenced a lot of people on here and given people another view on our "easy" career choice.

Interesting how the flow of posts suddenly stopped as well......

Safe flying to all.