PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2004, 10:11
str

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M2M

Excellent post, you should send it to the Sydney Morning Herald or The Australian, even better the Financial Review because lots of Dixon's mates read that paper while sitting in the 'invitation only' chairmans lounge.

After just four your with QF I am getting extremely tired of working my butt off in an undercrewed full cabin and serving a crap product to our customers. Each time I go out into the cabin and see the poor people crammed into the Y cabin eating 'Braised Lamb in Tomato sauce' (I wouldn't give it too my dog) I cringe thinking that they've paid several thousand dollars when they could have flown Singapore Airlines and received much better food, on demand video's and 21 crew members instead of 14. I try and make their trip as enjoyable as possible but its very difficult when the product is so bad.

The marketing dept at Qantas clearly have too much budget allocated to them and the people in marketing must only ever fly business/first (both very good on Qantas international) because what they market and what the customer gets, in Y, is so far apart its embarrassing.

L2P is correct - most long haul crew have their name on the divisional transfer list. Its common knowledge at QF that you should have your name on every list possible to maximise your flexibility should something happen i.e. I personally thought I would never go to short haul but if the London base goes ahead I will probably transfer to short haul when I get the offer to transfer.