PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2004, 11:57
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While we're splitting hairs..........(lawyers just love that, eh Argus?)
no ferris, your assumption is wrong. I dont believe strike action is wrong..
I didn't say that. I said your posts rail against the FAAA for threatening strike action. I don't see how keeping the powder dry will sway the company in this situation. The union needs to show it is every bit as serious as them about the LHR base, and get it's ducks in a row to that end.
I just think that it is a 'kamakaze' effort this time round, the company is too prepared, and we will be locked out if we take strike action.They have enough people on their books to last longer than cabin crew without money
Here I beg to differ. The guys that come up with these ideas are at the mercy of bigger pressures than the crew. Their bonuses etc are quite disgustingly large, but it wouldn't take much for them to evaporate. Any industrial action will have a devastating impact on both QF's profit and share price. Does the board have the stomach for that? Especially over an issue that, if handled correctly, could be a PR disaster (sending oz jobs o/s etc).
As for being prepared; have a look at how prepared Patrick's were. Do you believe the QF management to be as committed as PRKs? Where are the Patrick strike-breakers now?

All it takes is unity.

If you put as much effort into building that unity, galley_gossiper, as you do into tearing it down, who knows what could be achieved. Unless, of course, that is the idea