PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ba Recruiting App Graduates!
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2004, 11:17
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to Scroggs and all the other people out there, there are airlines who rightly or wrongly do want integrated students only
Yes there are, and in my opinion they're wrong - but that's been argued about before and I can't change it! However, neither BA nor any other airline I know in UK recruits from a single source. You are probably aware of BA's direct-entry pilot scheme, which should have recruited around 130 pilots this year alone. There is no mention of preferred schools in that scheme; simply a requirement for a type rating and a fairly minimal number of hours. Similarly, BA and most others have in the past recruited from the pool of modular and self-improver pilots - and in numbers far greater than the 24 quoted in this case. So the fact that BA intends to recruit 24 people from OAT and others is good news, both for the schools and those 24 peeps, but this is far from being a statement that all their future pilot requirements will be met from the APP, or any similar, scheme!

Incidentally, Big Air don't you think your 'Future Training Captain' line in your profile is a teeny bit arrogant?

Scroggs