PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EGCC Development - what is required?
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2004, 20:56
Scottie Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EGCC Development - what is required?

Okay, Manchester now looks as if it has got a very good potential start to Summer 2005, with Jet2 and GB Airways announcing that they will base a number of aircraft (7 between them), and rumours of other long haul carriers considering starting services.

Great for the airport, and good for the travelling public, however I think that we all accept that work needs to be done by the airport to improve its general efficiency.

So let's start by trying to give MAplc some guidance. What do you as pilots, ground crew, controllers etc think needs to be done, and by when!!

Hopefully we can keep this thread as a constructive one, without the usual heaping of abuse: calling of names like 'Fat Cats', etc.

Do you think that you could run a better and more efficient airport, and yet keep costs within reason? I'm no accountant, however I think the time has come when the airport has to spend money to improve things its infrastructure, such as taxi-ways, additional stands )they can be remote of proper coaching arrangements are laid on) and increased baggage belt facilities in the arrivals halls.

So, here is your opportunity to let the Airport hear your constructive views. Let's be hearing you?