PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trouble Brewing at CitiExpress
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2004, 18:30
ABird747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am an example of a Captain who has never once refused to go into discretion. Who feels an overwhelming responsibility to get my passengers... blah blah blah
Wow, you sound like an example of a captain who I would refuse to go into discretion with (and get off the plane) If your "overwhelming responsibility" is to go when your crew may be knackered from slogging up and down the aisle and bringing you your coffee fo 12.5 hours. Would you listen to your F/Os opinions? Why would you though? You seem marvellous enough to be able to fly the plane, service the cabin etc all by your own wonderful self.

If your priority is not the welfare of your passengers AND crew then I for one don't believe you are safe to operate. All I can say is that I'm glad you aren't on longhaul aircraft. I'd hate to see you trying to cope with a 15 crew walkoff when you try and push a crew to go on the 4th sector of a back to back or the last sector of a SIN/BKK-MEL/SYD in a delay situation.

Perhaps you ought to come down off the pedestal that you have put yourself on and learn a bit of CRM (and common sense). I'm glad that the vast majority of your colleagues on the flight deck are aware that they aren't the only people who are working on board the aircraft and take that into account. Perhaps BA ought to start screening for megalomania in it's flight crew.