PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trouble Brewing at CitiExpress
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2004, 17:39
Sheikh Zabik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry FC I completely fail to see your argument. If you are correct on the facts then that makes the behaviour of the Company the worse. If you are right, then what was BA CX doing dispatching an aircraft with a crew who were likely to run out of hours? Reckless I suggest (more likely desperate because they had no standby cover.)

You seem to be suggesting that discretion is OK so long as it is not down the line and results in a crew and Pax along with AC getting stranded. Again you have lost me.

As to dragging the Company through the mud. I made this post deliberately on a public forum because it concerns an apparent blatant infringment of the right of a Commander to determine his own fitness to continue a flight beyond the duty limits set by the CAA as custodians of theinterests of the fare paying public.

I believe that sort of action is against the public interest and significantly increases the odds of a fatigue related disaster. No management bonus can justify that. One is therefor entitled to question the motivation and competence of the individual who authorised the suspension presumably as an example "pour encourager les autres" to push themselves and their crew beyond safe limits.