PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retainment or recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2004, 10:04
fuzzmaster

I fear the point that i was trying to make has been lost. I know I am not suited to the RAF which is why i turned down the scholarship, so having everyone tell me that i am not is quite reassuring.
Whether you agree with my decision or not is not what I wanted to discuss, neither is whether or not I am destined to work at Mcdonalds. I know what the RAF demands and knew it was not for me.
If A-Levels are rigged and immpossible to fail why dont more people come out with good grades?
I have worked my @rse off to get what i did and gave it my all at OASC and yes i got a foot-hold in becoming a pilot, and yes in the end i did not want it enough. I would also like to say I am far from the average teenager and am most definately not bone idle. The only thing i was saying was that from my perspective it seemed that the RAF had lost interest, especially when you consider all the great offers many other students recieve. Maybe if i was older and more mature the prospect of a 16 year commitment (4 at uni then 12 in service) would not be as daunting. But like i said i was only seventeen and to any seventeen year old fours at uni seems a huge commitment let alone the next 16 years of your life.