PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trouble Brewing at CitiExpress
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2004, 09:03
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to put this whole thing in perspective:

I, and a number of my colleagues have, on more than one occasion, declined to exercise commander's discretion to extend an FDP. I have never been so much as questioned over my decision. BACX is a very professional outfit, and I would expect no less.

Had I been asked for my reasons, I hope I would have some valid points to make. Neither accepting, nor refusing, discretion should be taken lightly!

I have however overheard some captains (perhaps like N_N) who have said words to the effect of "I don't 'do' discretion"

I have no knowledge whatever of this incident, however if it falls into the second category, which almost amounts to a unilateral 'work to rule', then in my humble opinion the individual would deserve a reality check. I can't imagine any responsible manager in any airline accepting such a situation, nor many of the inconvenienced passengers!

As I say, I may be barking up the wrong tree, but this isn't the first time discretion has been declined in BACX, so I wonder why this one is different?

If it WAS a unilateral work to rule, the guy just has to wind his neck in, and change his story!

N_N

If I am able to accept or decline commander's discretion, does that give you any clues as to whether I hold a licence?

Why do you swear so much?

Do let us know what LCG says when you turn down discretion saying you "want to make a point"