PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you still enjoying it?!!!
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2004, 23:28
daidalos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I confess!
I like this job!
So please, any pilot who despise his/her work, do not continue to read this post!
I'm sure you won't like it!
In my mid-fifty's and after a set back of 6 months I started flying again in another company, although I was "convinced" by my friends that I was better off home.
Six months I felt the easy does it life of the retired and "happy", as I was told again and again, ex-pilot and at the end a REAL friend told me about the opening and ... here I am AGAIN flying happily and writing to you from my hotel room in Singapore, just arrived from Sydney and having breakfast - sirloin stake - and planning to sleep the rest of the day, since tonight I'm flying back home :-)
This life started in the early seventies and still I love the odd hours and missing all the "important" dates and days "normal" people have for fun!
But then again, I have stayed home the days "normal" people HAVE to work, and I have enjoyed things that "normal" people cannot imagine :-)
Bottom line - I could write a very long post - yeap! I enjoy my life, and more importantly I found a companion - my dear wife - that enjoys this kind of life, following me in some trips, or staying back and waiting for me. So yes I enjoy my life as long as it lasts