PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retainment or recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2004, 16:58
Angels 99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This isn't going to be my most elequont post thanks to a lack of time and the anger that's welling up inside me.

I speak from the perspective of a student who's only desire in life has been to be an RAF Officer and Pilot. Sadly my eyesight precludes me from the latter but from my position as a UAS groundie it's looking likely that I'll fullfill and least the former ambition. I've also been lucky enough to spend time in the back seat of Hawks and and F-15 which, combined with my PPL means I have a reasonable idea of what I enjoy.

Fuzzmaster, what you have utterly failed to comprehend is that people like me don't just 'fancy the idea' of a job as RAF aircrew, it's what we have almost lived for. It's a complete burning desire that will never be fully extinguished, I'd kill for an opportunity like you had. This is the type of drive most young guys who apply have and almost all the guys who are aircrew have (or at least had). I make no apologies for the strength of feeling expressed here or for the flaming you've recieved from others.
You simply never deserved what you were offered and it's a damn good job you bailed out before crunch time.'