PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retainment or recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2004, 15:39
tradewind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuzzmaster

From your perspective at the age of 17, it does appear that the RAF has no interest in holding onto you and I guess that it must be pretty upsetting.

However, one point you have failed to take on board is the investment the RAF would require of you. The RAF EXPECTS potential recruits to undertake a lengthy return of service, especially for aircrew and although it all seems a bit daunting signing on for 12 years, if you have such a healthy interest in the job, you should know that!

Another point is that why should the RAF chase you and keep you interested? As it has been said before, there are thousands of people applying for the job and I doubt whether most have just read the glossy brochure and then expected the job to come running to them - they have made a point of finding out for themselves whether it is the right job for them and used their initiative to get information about it.

Sorry if this doesn't sound too good, but I think that your opinion of what the RAF is and does is slightly different from the reality!