PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retainment or recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2004, 12:39
Jackonicko

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
If you can seriously think that an engineering scholarship with MBDA represents 'something better' than flying in the RAF then you're deluded, and you're certainly not the kind of person that the RAF wants or needs.

They need dedicated, enthusiastic, self-motivated people with a burning desire to fly and to be RAF officers, and the fact that you claim to have turned down a sixth form scholarship simply proves that you do not have the 'right stuff'.

You may "think that the RAF have missed a lot in your case", but I would suggest that your sloppy standards in written English, your misplaced (arrogant) faith in your own abilities and your lack of commitment lead me to wonder what on earth anyone was thinking in offering you a scholarship in the first place. At least no-one compounded the error by giving you a flying scholarship, though the fact that you were put on the 'reserve list' suggests that OASC are doing a very poor job.

I don't want to be entirely negative, and wish you well with MBDA. I'd also say that your suggestion that scholarship winners should be allocated a 'buddy' who is a recent graduate of Cranwell would seem to have some merit.