PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retainment or recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2004, 12:35
Training Risky

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Very well done on getting your 'shcolarship' mate, use it well for you have demonstrated no qualities that the RAF look for in potential fast-jet pilots.

Where is your keen Interest? Where is your Commitment? Where are your high Academic standards?

I'm afraid that whinging, immodest, illiterate, impatient teenagers are not what we need. We are so overborne with multi-engine pilots and soon-to-be-reroled Jag pilots: WHY should we be recruiting at all?

I see the need to recruit doctors and engineers, these guys really do get poached by other companies and they deserve sponsorship to get them to commit to a poorly-paid ground job in the RAF. But Pilot? This job sells itself, we don't need to sell it to anyone.

You say the RAF missed out by not ringing you up at home and actively recruiting you.... I think that you alone are convinced by that. Do yourself a favour and don't become like the thousands of sad blokes in the pub who claim that they were the one in black on the balcony of the Iranian Embassy in 1980. You will be the only one who believes your sad tales of woe.