PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retainment or recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2004, 11:34
teeteringhead

Gentleman Aviator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts
Oh dear oh dear oh dear....

not abuse as such, but a clarification of parameters. Military flying, in whatever colour of uniform, cannot in any shape fashion or form be compared to
some companies
If you truly want to fly military aircraft, every other job must come a very poor second to that - and it requires 110% application, even before you join.

The AFCO might not have done much, but you seem to have done less, ie nowt. Why weren't you hassling them about their inaction? Hey mate, where's my Grob/Tucano/Hawk/Typhoon then?? Any chance of work experience anywhere? When can I go to Cranwell? etc etc

Yes, recruiting, especially FJ recruiting is down, but that doesn't mean it's non existant. And even when IPS figures were much higher, I don't think AFCOs were ever closely following up A level wannabees who
declined the (flying) scholarship
in what appears to have been a hissy fit over lack of contact. (Or did you have something better to do? What could possibly be better than free flying for a teenager??)

Sorry sunshine, but I don't think the RAF (FAA/AAC) have missed very much in this particular case.

Verbum sat sapientis as they used to say at 2FTS. Having been to a good school fuzzmaster (CCF and all that), you might even understand what it means...........