PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2004, 05:58
galley_gossiper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L2P

The only time I sit in a cubicle at Qcc is when I go to the loo before sign on at Qcc1

Reading back on your posts, you seem to brand anyone who does not agree with striking as 'management' or 'pro-management'.If that is your only come-back to crew who have a differing opinion to you then it is pretty lame. There are a huge variety of opinions amongst us at the moment, and everyone is entitled to their own.
As I have said, I do not agree with the Lhr base, I will lament the loss of my Lhr trips. I just do not have the same opinion as you regarding the handling of the situation by the FAAA. I do however see that management have been very crafty and clever in their handling of this base in Lhr, and wish the FAAA hadnt given them the opportunity to prepare so well.
Oh, and if there were 1000 members at the meetings, it is hardly representative of long haul cabin crew. Where were the other 2,900 (or however many crew we have these days). As I have said, in my opinion QF have a force prepared to hold out longer than the crew during a strike. On top of that, they have the power to shift most of our flying away from us in the future and crush our division. Do we have an agreement that longhaul will crew the doubledecker airbus? Or will management use that aircraft as yet another way to shrink long haul? These are issues that concern me far more than the Lhr base. I worry that a strike or 'screw the roo' mentality over the Lhr base will eventually destroy Long Haul.
Deal with the fact that there are other opinions out there to your own, and I have as much right to my opinion as you.