PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair pilots paying to keep their jobs ?
Old 26th Sep 2004, 19:05
GGV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STANDTO, I think you may have missed the point of my short reply. Obviously the said airline meets all JAA requirements - both on paper and on inspection. If you think that is nonsense then you will need to produce some evidence. Which is where we started.

If you think the approach of the CAA would be any different you are misinformed. Try ANY authority with a "everyone knows X" but without any supporting evidence for "X" other than hearsay and see how far it gets you. BTW, whatever about the Ryanair culture, the training standards are probably not a lot different from comparable airlines. It's just that the attention the airline gets for other – highly justifiable - reasons tends to rub off into training and other areas.

It is easy for those of us strongly opposed to all that Ryanair stands for to be tempted into overstating our case. However, in case you misunderstand me, I am very strongly opposed to the Ryanair way of doing business with its pilots (and its denial of representation). There is more than enough evidence to support the argument that they behave very badly towards their employees. I am more than happy to argue that case.