PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Faa Hiring Announcement
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2004, 17:16
niknak
niknak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott - absolutely not - I have no experience of the US system and in the post I specifically referred to the UK.

Spuds - Fairly selective in which part of the post you've chosen to reproduce, you'll be aware that, in reading comments on that particular thread that I was comparing my experiences and those of others who i know well in the profession.
Not a part time Mirror journalist are you?

Jack Oh - no, and I accept that are an equal number of prats in the civil world, although the number of mil' atco's I've met who think that they should be given a straight licence conversion is startling.
Regardless of experience, I firmly believe that you either start at the beginning or show that you are capable of joining a course up to half way through by taking an Assesment of Prior Competence. I guess that's where our opinions, and those of the CAA and the colleges differ - so be it.

Ur IIQ - I've nothing against ex - mil atcos, if you'd bothered to read my post properly you'd know that.
As for the rest of your twaddle, obviously your unit training and on - going competency standards are way below professional requirements if you have people who aren't up to the job, that's not something to be proud of or boast about here.