PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - glasgow uni air squadron interview
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2004, 15:17
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel From the RAF Abingdon days.

How very strange, some say it matters about shirt collars and the like, some say it matters about how you sit. Of course these things matter. Basic pyschology that 1st 30 seconds, your apperance, your deportment and your manner = wouldn't mind drinking with him at the Xmas Ball/draw(Crab Ball) or hmmm very NCO aircrew (I've actually sat on selection boards people say it!)

Hey some interviewers will care and others won't but if you do go for a button down collar and he/she does not like them then it may shift the balance if all other things are equal.

Like many of the good men and women above have said. Learn your current affairs, know the strengths and weaknesses of the 21st century Strike Command ORBAT, understand the tri-service integrational aspects of a modern purple operation. Wear the suit, shoot the double cuffs out, get a strong handshake, don't fidget, sit up and engage with the eyes and soul.

You whether you like it or not you are not just trying to join the UAS you are actually going for one of the most important job interviews of your life. (no pressure) Approach it that way and you will reap the rewards.

I immensley enjoyed my time on OUAS (here come the taunts from CUAS et al I'm sure) but as much as I enjoyed it I didn't take it seriously enough in the latter stages and it took an age to recover from that because people fail to take you seriously. Learn from my and others mistakes because we have already made them.

I wish you good luck and hope that having made the UAS you are sensible enough to go rotary after IOT.