PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - sexual harassment?
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2004, 06:46
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look guys, don't you think you're going just a teeny weeny bit over the top here. Most of us accept that this is a male orientated profession, and that this sort of banter will go on. We may or may not wish it would change, but I can't see any woman who's going to scream and yell about it really having what it takes to get a licence. As for legal action and getting lots of dosh...it's her word against yours, isn't it?

I for one hope that people would treat me as a pilot first and a woman second...at least when I'm flying. Most of the time I think that's the case - though it often wasn't in the early days with low hours very young FIs who needed to grow up! If it's not the case...well, it's their problem, not mine.

For the record, most of us are capable of distinguishing between banter and real prejudice/sexual harassment. The difference is very obvious. And unfortunately, I at any rate have had enough practice to be able to separate the two. So please stop worrying about being misunderstood...unless of course you need to.