PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the CAA accountable?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2004, 15:42
You've Got

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the CAA accountable?

Having follwed the EC120 story closely it certainly appears that the industry is rather disgruntled with the SACAA. General sentiment is that since they have become an organization where services are paid for, should the industry not be putting pressure on the CAA for service delivery - i.e. ACCOUNTABILITY.

I have had occasions where a renewal becomes a long drawn out process for me, the client, having to chase the CAA for the "new" license, simply to find that ratings have been removed, resulting in more frustration and chasing. All queries result in "oh but sir you have not sent us the document".

So if the CAA are clamping down on "law breakers" (as those three naughty Durban boys are experiencing) then surely the industry has a legal claim against the CAA when a rating or license has not been renewed properly by the CAA and the individual is expected to abide by the law, i.e. only fly when the license is valid and in your pocket.....Claim for loss of earnings.

Yeh sure they'd pay - the law is written so that the CAA is exonerated from any accountability - so much for a democratic country.